02 Steps to create a trace
How to get flux sources
1) Import the impulse extension toolkit
All flux source and all examples are available in the impulse extension toolkit. Install the toolkit together with impulse and import the plug-in as a source project into your workspace (requires a plug-in development environment).
2) Use eclipse Import to get flux headers and sourcs into your application (no examples).
When impulse ist installed, goto to Import->impulse-> Import flux trace, select an import folder and press ok.
3) toem repos @ GitHub
Use this link to access the toem repos at GitHub (flux and examples).
Steps to create a trace
- Prepare the memory
- Create trace object and at leat one buffers
- Write head
- Add items (signals and scopes) - optional
- Open a trace sequence (e.g start at 10ms)
- Write enumeration and member information - optional
- Iterate over the domain (e.g. 10-20ms)
- Write samples
- Close the sequence (e.g end at 20ms)
- You may open/close additional sequences ...
flux geometry - maxItemId and maxEntrySize
- maxItemId defines the largest id used for an item. This parameter is used on emitter and receiver side to set-up required structures.
- maxEntrySize defines the maximum allowed size of an entry. On receiver and emitter side, this parameter is used to prepare the buffers (each entry should fit completely into a buffer).
Adding items and writing legend data are optional steps. If you have this information already on receiver-side, there is no need to send. Get to the next chapter (Hello flux) to see a first example.