Using the CDT Memory Adapter
The CDT Memory Adapter reads a memory block from a debugged process. The start address/size can be configured explicitly or in form of debug expressions (e.g. trace->buffer). The raw input data will be processed by a configurable reader.
- In "Fixed Address" mode, the user configures address and size explicitly.
- If "Variable Address" mode is chosen, the adapter tries to evaluate a watch expression (e.g. trace->buffer) to get the required address/size information.
- Address: Address of the memory block in the target process (e.g. 0x40000).
- Size: Size of the memory block in bytes (e.g. 0x200).
- Address expression : Address expression of the memory block in the target process (e.g. trace->buffer).
- Size expression: Size expression of the memory block in bytes (e.g. trace->length).
SerializerConfigure the serializer by selecting a reader and optionally a reader configuration (some reader require a configuration, e.g. the CSV reader).
You may use the buttons '+' and '...' to add and manage existing reader configurations (Preferences).
You may use the "Test Line Reader" (extracts lines from the raw input) and "Test Block Reader" (extract fixed size byte blocks) for debugging purpose.